Saraqusta Film Festival is a competitive film and series festival about the historical genre in its broadest sense. It was created with the aim of exhibiting and promoting feature films, documentaries and series using the past and the historical genre as a common thread.
Rules and regulations
- The 1st edition of Saraqusta Film Festival will be held from September 26th to October 2nd 2021 in Zaragoza.
- Submissions are open to Spanish and International works that deal with the historical genre or whose theme, context or set design are historical or refer to a period of the past.
- Works submitted may not have a production date prior to January 1st 2020 and may not have been commercially released in Spanish territory in theaters, television or VOD.
- Participants may submit as many works as they wish.
- The following official sections are established:
FEATURE FILMS OFFICIAL SECTION
Spanish and International feature films, real-image or animated, about historical genre or historical subjects, with no less than 60 minutes long produced after January 1st 2020 are eligible.
DOCUMENTARY OFFICIAL SECTION
Spanish and International documentaries, real-image or animated, about historical genre or historical subjects, with no less than 45 minutes long produced after January 1st 2020 are eligible.
FICTION SERIES OFFICIAL SECTION
Spanish and International pilots of fiction series, real-image or animated, about historical genre or historical subjects, with no less than 40 minutes long produced after January 1st 2020 are eligible.
- Spanish works will be presented in their original language. If the original version is not Spanish, they must be subtitled in Spanish.
- International works will be presented in their original language. If the original version is not Spanish, they must be subtitled in Spanish or English.
- Submission deadline is August 1st 2021. No entry will be accepted before that date.
- Online submission will be available through FESTHOME and FILMFREEWAY platforms, where participants must upload the film and fill the required information. The organization may also invite works to be evaluated by the selection committee.
- The selection committee will be conformed by professionals belonging to the audiovisual, cultural and History study sector.
- If the work is selected, submitters will be notified and informed about the instructions and schedule for sending the screening copy and promotional materials.
- By accepting to participate in the Saraqusta Film Festival, the organization assumes that the authors/producers have the corresponding exhibition rights and give their permission for the use of promotional images as well as for the public screening at the festival.
- Works that are not submitted within the stipulated deadline or that do not offer the minimum technical requirements for the festival will be automatically excluded.
- All selected works will receive a Saraqusta Film Festival laurel, which they may voluntarily include in their work and promotional materials.
- The organization will contact authors/producers to offer them the possibility of attending the festival to present and promote the selected works.
Jury and Awards
- The Jury will be unique for all sections and will be formed by outstanding personalities from the audiovisual and cultural world and the study of History.
- No member of the Jury may participate, directly or indirectly, in any of the selected productions.
- The Jury will choose and decide the winners of each category and their decision will be unappealable.
- The official categories and awards will be as follows:
OFFICIAL SECTIONS SARAQUSTA FILM FESTIVAL
- Dragón Saraqusta for Best Feature Film: 6000 €
- Dragón Saraqusta for Best Documentar: 6000 €
- Dragón Saraqusta for Best Director: 1000 €
- Dragón Saraqusta for Best Screenplay: 1000 €
- Dragón Saraqusta for Best Actress: 1000 €
- Dragón Saraqusta for Best Actor: 1000 €
- Young Jury Award: 1000 €
- There will also be a special Honorary Award to be announced prior to the beginning of the festival.
- The winners of financial awards must issue an invoice or receipt and pay the corresponding taxes.
- The Awards ceremony will be held on October 2nd at the closing ceremony of the festival.
- All winners will receive laurels and award certificates of the Saraqusta Film Festival.
- Participation implies full acceptance of these rules. For any doubt or clarification, please contact the organization.
Zaragoza, June 2nd 2021